One of the earliest device that were launched internationally and in the Indian-Subcontinent, Redmi Note had just the right amount of specifications and power to get mass media attention. Mi3 and Redmi Note 3G/4G were single handedly responsible for the downfall of Micromax which choose not to react to xiaomi value for money smartphone, loosing a significant amount of its market share.
For today, I’ll show you how to root this smartphone to get a significant control over its working, whether it’s uninstalling system applications or installing applications that require root access like greenify and many other. Once you root your smartphone there are never ending possibilities of modding, upgrading and improving your android experience.
Below you’ll find the guide and links to all necessary resources that you will require in the rooting process:
Here you go :
To download all the files below, you will have to need to register an account on miui forums, I am sorry can’t hep it because this is the safest places to download such tools.
- Download the Platform Tools
- Download FastBoot Drivers: (For installing Flashboot drivers)
- Download the Super User Package (For installing superuser binaries)
- Download Recovery Image File
- Open and Extract Platform Tools, Remember the directory the files are extracted in.
- Transfer the SuperUser Package to your Redmi Note 3G Smartphone.
- Install Fastboot drivers.
- Go to the Developer Menu and enable USB DEBUGGING.
- Put your smartphone in fastboot mode, press Volume Down + Power Key.
- Now, Extract the Recovery.img from the Zip in Step 3 and place it in the directory you extracted Platform Tools in the Step 1.
- While in the directory, press SHIFT + Right Click and Click on Open Command Window here.
(opening command prompt)
(command prompt screen)
- Now copy these codes one by one and hit enter.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- Enter Recovery Mode TWRP ( Press Power+Volume Up )
- Now you’ll enter TWRP Recovery, Click on Install
- Now explore to the directory you placed the SuperUser Package in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G.
- Click on Install.
- Congrats now you have root access.
Now, head on to playstore and download RootChecker. This application will confirm that you have root access and then you can try/start using root requesting applications and do root privilege tasks. Comment below if you have any trouble while following the guide. Until next time, Keep Androtrending!