This smartphone serves as the 4G variant of the Redmi Note, also reducing to single sim from the dual-sim Note. The device was launched just months after the launch of its older brother, which marked the rising of low-budget 4G smartphones in the international as well as in indian market, following this device many companies announced and launched their low budget 4G offerings.
This post is all about rooting your smartphone, to get a significant more power on your device and its working. Wether you want to install a Custom ROM, or just want to install apps that need superuser permissions, you’ll need root access and this post is a step by step guide that will help you in doing so. Shall we start?
Below you’ll find the guide and links to all necessary resources that you will require in the rooting process:
Here you go :
To download all the files below, you will have to need to register an account on miui forums, I am sorry can’t hep it because this is the safest places to download such tools.
- Download the Platform Tools:
- Download FastBoot Drivers: (For installing Flashboot drivers)
- Download the Super User Package : (For installing superuser binaries)
- Download Recovery Image File
- Open and Extract Platform Tools, Remember the directory the files are extracted in.
- Transfer the SuperUser Package to your Redmi Note 4G Smartphone.
- Install Fastboot drivers.
- Go to the Developer Menu and enable USB DEBUGGING.
- Put your smartphone in fastboot mode (Press Volume Down + Power Key)
- Now, Extract the Recovery.img from the Zip in Step 3 and place it in the directory you extracted Platform Tools in the Step 1.
- While in the directory, press SHIFT + Right Click and Click on Open Command Window here.
(opening command prompt)
(command prompt screen)
- Now copy these codes one by one and hit enter.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- Enter Recovery Mode TWRP ( Press Power+Volume Up )
- Now you’ll enter TWRP Recovery, Click on Install
- Now explore to the directory you placed the SuperUser Package in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
- Click on Install.
- Congrats now you have root access.
Now, head on to playstore and download RootChecker. This application will confirm that you have root access and then you can try/start using root requesting applications and do root privilege tasks. Comment below if you have any trouble while following the guide. Until next time, Keep Androtrending!