Mi Pad was the first tablet coming from Xiaomi, featuring a Tegra K1 Chipset which also has the best GPU in mobility devices, the ULP Geforce Kepler that features 192 GPU cores and is capable of outperforming any high-end mobile GPU in the market.
And you must not forget that rooting it might give you some serious firepower, and in this post you’ll get all the resources and a step by step guide for doing so :
To download all the files below, you will have to need to register an account on miui forums, I am sorry can’t hep it because this is the safest places to download such tools.
- Download the Platform Tools:
- Download FastBoot Drivers: (For installing Flashboot drivers)
- Download the Super User Package : (For installing superuser binaries)
- Download Recovery Image File
- Open and Extract Platform Tools, Remember the directory the files are extracted in.
- Transfer the SuperUser Package to your Mi Pad.
- Install Fastboot drivers.
- Go to the Developer Menu and enable USB DEBUGGING.
- Put your smartphone in fastboot mode, press Volume Down + Power Key.
- Now, Extract the Recovery.img from the Zip in Step 3 and place it in the directory you extracted Platform Tools in the Step 1.
- While in the directory, press SHIFT + Right Click and Click on Open Command Window here.
(opening command prompt)
- Now copy these codes one by one and hit enter.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- Enter Recovery Mode TWRP ( Press Power+Volume Up )
- Now you’ll enter TWRP Recovery, Click on Install
- Now explore to the directory you placed the SuperUser Package in your Xiaomi Mi Pad.
- Click on Install.
- Congrats now you have root access.
Now, head on to playstore and download RootChecker. This application will confirm that you have root access and then you can try/start using root requesting applications and do root privilege tasks. Comment below if you have any trouble while following the guide. Until next time, Keep Androtrending!