Xiaomi Mi4 has been a very popular offering from the brand, with aluminium edges and a great camera. Phenomenal Processing power for a price that you can’t argue at, bright IPS display with great viewing angles and a lot more. Also being one of the best-selling smartphones of the company, the Mi4 was widely appreciated by critical audiences as well as normal day-to-day consumers.
Though the device is equipped with more than average hardware and one of the best android UI, the MIUI; Rooting will help you get a bit more, by uninstalling unnecessary applications, using greenify to stop applications that are hogging your memory and much much more.
Here you go :
To download all the files below, you will have to need to register an account on miui forums, I am sorry can’t hep it because this is the safest places to download such tools.
- Download the Platform Tools
- Download FastBoot Drivers (For installing Flashboot drivers)
- Download the Super User Package (For installing superuser binaries)
- Download Recovery Image File
- Open and Extract Platform Tools, Remember the directory the files are extracted in.
- Transfer the SuperUser Package to your Mi3 Smartphone.
- Install Fastboot drivers.
- Go to the Developer Menu and enable USB DEBUGGING.
- Put your smartphone in fastboot mode, press Volume Down + Power Key.
- Now, Extract the Recovery.img from the Zip in Step 3 and place it in the directory you extracted Platform Tools in the Step 1.
- While in the directory, press SHIFT + Right Click and Click on Open Command Window here.
(opening command prompt)
(command prompt screen)
- Now copy these codes one by one and hit enter.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- Enter Recovery Mode TWRP ( Press Power+Volume Up )
- Now you’ll enter TWRP Recovery, Click on Install
- Now explore to the directory you placed the SuperUser Package in your Xiaomi Mi3.
- Click on Install.
- Congrats now you have root access.
Now, head on to playstore and download RootChecker. This application will confirm that you have root access and then you can try/start using root requesting applications and do root privilege tasks. Comment below if you have any trouble while following the guide. Until next time, Keep Androtrending!