Smartphone was aimed as a quick update to the Redmi 2, which lacked internal storage and was widely ridiculed for packing a lesser storage space than competition, restricting consumers to install less number of applications, and hindering their multitasking experience. Although Redmi 2 device felt sub-par at the price, looking at cut-throat competition in the lower-end market, company was forced to announce and launch Redmi 2 Prime.
This post is to make sure that you make the best out of your smartphone and hence, to help, below you’ll find the guide and links to all necessary resources that you will need in the process.
Here is what you have to do :
To download all the files below, you will have to need to register an account on miui forums, I am sorry can’t hep it because this is the safest places to download such tools and MIUI guys keep them updated.
- Download the Platform Tools
- Download FastBoot Drivers: (For installing Flashboot drivers)
- Download the Super User Package: (For installing superuser binaries)
- Download Recovery Image File
- Open and Extract Platform Tools, Remember the directory the files are extracted in.
- Transfer the SuperUser Package to your Redmi 2 Prime Smartphone.
- Install Fastboot drivers.
- Go to the Developer Menu and enable USB DEBUGGING.
- Put your smartphone in fastboot mode, press Volume Down + Power Key.
- Now, Extract the Recovery.img from the Zip in Step 3 and place it in the directory you extracted Platform Tools in the Step 1.
- While in the directory, press SHIFT + Right Click and Click on Open Command Window here.
(opening command prompt)
(command prompt screen)
- Now copy these codes one by one and hit enter.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- Enter Recovery Mode TWRP ( Press Power+Volume Up )
- Now you’ll enter TWRP Recovery, Click on Install
- Now explore to the directory you placed the SuperUser Package in your Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime.
- Click on Install.
- Congrats now you have root access.
Now, head on to playstore and download RootChecker. This application will confirm that you have root access and then you can try/start using root requesting applications and do root privilege tasks. Comment below if you have any trouble while following the guide. Until next time, Keep Androtrending!